Alan's forty-first birthday was on Saturday. He spent his day working and playing. His daughters wanted to watch a movie with him, but he pointed out that he would much rather DO things than watch things. So he helped clean up the yard, jumped on the tramp with the kids (click on the picture so you can see the joie de vivre on his face), replaced the hardware on the front door and took me on a fabulous biking/dinner date to Blue Koi. Here are some more things he does that I think are cool:
-rides his bike to work
-faithfully fulfills three callings
-works at a physically and intellectually challenging job
-arranges early morning basketball games
-enthusiastically follows American Idol
-teaches his kids to work
-touches me gently and lovingly
-takes his daughters (and me!) on dates
-takes chest-butts from his son
-takes great care when he makes food
-whistles when he's happy
-jumps up about 4 feet to get dead branches out of trees
-fixes stuff for me
-exercises diligently and vigorously
-keeps his stuff organized
-makes up words
-makes the world more fun
Happy Birthday, Alan! He also makes my sister very happy and that is the best thing of all.
ReplyDeleteIt is so fun to get to know these things about your family Heather!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your blog and Happy Birthday Allen! I really would like to see the jumping 4 feet for branches!
Oh. . . also happy birthday about a week late. (Failed again.) Tell Al his approval rating his in the high nineties among Phoenician sister-in-laws.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday to Al!
ReplyDeleteBy the way -- I didn't click on the photo the first time I read this post. But I'm so glad I did. What lucky kids to have that kind of pop. Happiness all around.
ReplyDeleteI just clicked on the picture for the first time. Very nice! In fact, it made me think I need a trampoline. Bouncing on a trampoline makes EVERYONE happy. Doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday a month ago, baby boy of mine! I could see the joy and happiness on your face with your kids and remembered all the joy you have brought into my life! m
ReplyDelete