Washington DC




The third grade at our elementary school did the coolest project ever. They built a scale model of Washington D.C. One kid from each of the three classes was assigned to become an expert on one of the buildings and then build it with the other kids who studied the same building. (Willa's group did the Supreme Court building.) Then they set it all up like a real, tiny capital in the lunch room and invited the families to come check it out. I thought it was amazing. After Wyatt does it in a couple of years, we'd like to take them there and see all the places in real life.

Comments

  1. That looks very cool. And after having been to the actual place with a 2 year old, waiting to take the kids is a splendid idea.
    I wonder if my kids will get to do something that fun in 3rd grade?
    Thanks for inviting us to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Fun stuff. I sure wish our school here was doing things like this! That Willa is picture-perfect. Give her my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I didn't tell you before when you first put it up, but I love the picture of your family that you put on the top of your blog. Every time I visit your blog I just stare wistfully at all of you and think in my head about each of you individually and how good looking you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going in a few weeks. I am so excited. I should do something like this on a smaller scale before we go. (In my dreams, we are putting our house on the market before we go, like I have any time for anything cool...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love creative teachers...what a blessing our kids! Willa is adorable as always. Kisses to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 years?@&* Why not 2009? We'd love to see you again. It does sound like a super cool school project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment