
This is the view of the city we had from our hotel when I skipped out on my mothering gig (thanks again Leslie!) to have a weekend date with my true love in a frigid Northeastern city. But who noticed the cold? Bah! I was way too busy having a great time. I loved our dinner at Legal Seafood and learned that I really like scallops when they are that fresh and delicious. I had a wonderful bus tour of the city, hopping off to go walk Harvard Yard and take a look at the building I sent a law school application to half a life ago. I bought a journal and "Make Way for Ducklings" at the Harvard Coop. I saw the inside of the house Paul Revere lived in and the outside of the famous old North Church. I shopped at Quincy Market and warmed up in Fanuiel Hall. I ate chowda and lobsta bisque. I went to sacrament meeting in Cambridge first ward and my eyes popped only a little at something the high councilman said. And I got to be with Alan Wimmer, which is always a good thing. He is the love of my life.
so fun! my in-laws call spouse trips marriage insurance. :) boston looks like it was a blast!
ReplyDeleteSo Fun!
ReplyDeleteI also didn't know you applied to law school. How interesting.
Can you just type in 6 point font the thing the High Councilman said?
ReplyDeleteDon't you love attending wards in lots of different areas? The strange ducks are everywhere and that is what really unifies us.
ReplyDeleteI love Boston! Pete and I are headed there in September if all goes as planned. We attended the first ward in Cambridge while we lived there one summer, so it's not at all surprising that your eyes popped about something that was said. When we moved in, there was a female Sunday school president and the choir sang Gospel music with a bit of a sway! I don't think I've lived in a ward like it since, not even in liberal Ann Arbor! I also love how you are so good at expressing your love for Al. I feel the same way about Pete, but I am sure lousy at expressing it! Thanks for being a good example. Hope you're all well!
ReplyDeleteIsn't Boston just sooo wonderful. Dick (the love of MY life) and I walked the Freedom Trail; the cobblestones make you feel as if you were back in history! Legal Seafood is a historic must, even if you don't like seafood!
ReplyDelete