A lot of bless-ed togetherness

Tonight as we were done kissing our keikis goodnight, Alan sighed and said, "Well, that was a lot of blessed togetherness." As I reflected on it, I realized he was right. We did do a lot of things together trying to make Christmas memorable this year for our kids. I loved it. But when I asked them what they remembered most, they had a hard time coming up with them, so I'm listing them here--some of the things we made extra effort to do together this December:

-make visits to older people in our ward
-watch the Christmas devotional after tithing settlement
-go to a play of A Christmas Story
-make humanitarian hygiene kits for FHE
-visit and eat an amazing Indian dinner at Shashindranath's house
-go out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza to admire the lights
-adopt a family (shop for and deliver gifts to them)
-buy and decorate a real Christmas tree together
-try what turned out to be an awesome BBQ dinner at The Hawg Shed (really!) in Lexington, MO
-attend Alan's work party, a brunch (dressed up appropriately this year--that was the extra effort)
-make tamales and do the nativity play for FHE with Sheldons and Scovilles
-stay and play at Great Wolf Lodge with two Breckenridges and five Hales
-go to friends' house for Christmas Eve soup and the nativity play with Hales and Bennions
-eat breakfast on Christmas morning with Fredericksons
-watch movies at home together 4 times

I think we (especially my husband) may be ready for some alone time now.

Comments

  1. Wow! You guys have been busy. Sounds like fun. Oh, and we're already planning our trip west in the summer with a stop at your house. Hope you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al really is the blessed togetherness part, isn't he? Because you spend lots of time with the kids on your own anyway. What a busy wonderful month. You did really truly good things to make it a giving season. I need to write what you did down so I can remember it and do it with my keikis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Had a dream about you busily organizing people as I napped today. Now I read your blog, I can see that it is true. Terrific way to celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of togetherness! Very blessed, indeed. I made special efforts myself this year to DO things that would be memorable and special. Of course it was often painful (glue gun burns, for example) and exhausting, but definitely blessed. I must do as you did and write it all down as Katherine will I'm sure forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i believe wimmer men suffer from "too much togetherness" - at least that's how my dad explains his and grandpa's random disappearances at WWW reunions. :) sounds like you guys had so much fun though.

    and a few other things. 1 - i can't believe wyatt really stuck his tongue to the poll, 2 - i loved both the 3 word christmas card and the added blog explanations, and 3 - amber is bryan's girlfriend. she's darling but a fireballso i'd say she makes him happy MOST of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to read about your Christmas happenings. The only thing that should be different is that the Lighthearts should be replaced with one of those other last names. Although we have our share of "Bennions" here in Oregon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous parents you are to give your children the opportunities you do! Many blessings in your Christmastide!!! Your card was adorable as usual; Heather, you are absolutely beautiful, inside and out. I yearn to see you all...summer is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the only other person I know who sings "Home Means Nevada" with regularity...we will have to sing at the reunion...it could be out talent, only I have no voice!!! and I have to disagree on the fifty-nifty U.S. song because N-E-V-A-D-A is so fun! That was fun....a few things I did not know about you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment