I spent the month of November really trying to focus my intent on gratitude, because I think we have so many blessings and I also think it is healthier and better to live focused on the good in your life. Then, about halfway through the month, for some reason (a virus I think), my mood and energy plummeted. Everything looked bleak. Just bad, bad, bad. So it has been a struggle to keep that intent and focus. I haven't been so good at it. Even though I KNOW I am totally spoiled with blessings. So here is my closer--trying to bring it all back to the proper attitude. Here are some of the things I am really grateful for.
-I have a really good man for a husband. He loves me and is good. I knew when we married that the heavens had been opened and I had just been given an amazing gift. I still think of that feeling of the clouds clearing and the sun shining down on me when I think of him.
-I get to be a mother. I struggled just enough to get there that I really appreciate that blessing and am of jealous of people who can do it easily.
-I got to have twins. And they were healthy and perfect. That is really rare and special. For a long time I felt sorry for people who only got one baby. (Then I had Willa, and was terrified at the idea that she might have been two.)
-I get to have Willa Jane for a daughter, which is a totally unique opportunity, because there is really no one like her in the whole world. And I have the added blessing of knowing without doubt that she was supposed to come to me. This really helps some days--her individuality is rarely peaceful and serene.
-I got to have a son--one who loves me extravagantly. He still tells me he loves me more than I love him. He still cuddles, and he still wants me to do pretty much everything for him. If you're going to have a kid who never grows up, it's probably best if he is the youngest.
-My husband has a great job that he loves doing. It makes sending him to work and welcoming him home fun. And it allows me to have an amazing amount of control over my time and schedule so I can be with my kids when they need me. And it affords us many comforts and pleasures we probably don't deserve.
-The restored gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed generations of my family, and it has blessed me and my own family immeasurably. I can't think of a better way to live and learn and become.
-Repentance. What a gift.
-I have a really good man for a husband. He loves me and is good. I knew when we married that the heavens had been opened and I had just been given an amazing gift. I still think of that feeling of the clouds clearing and the sun shining down on me when I think of him.
-I get to be a mother. I struggled just enough to get there that I really appreciate that blessing and am of jealous of people who can do it easily.
-I got to have twins. And they were healthy and perfect. That is really rare and special. For a long time I felt sorry for people who only got one baby. (Then I had Willa, and was terrified at the idea that she might have been two.)
-I get to have Willa Jane for a daughter, which is a totally unique opportunity, because there is really no one like her in the whole world. And I have the added blessing of knowing without doubt that she was supposed to come to me. This really helps some days--her individuality is rarely peaceful and serene.
-I got to have a son--one who loves me extravagantly. He still tells me he loves me more than I love him. He still cuddles, and he still wants me to do pretty much everything for him. If you're going to have a kid who never grows up, it's probably best if he is the youngest.
-My husband has a great job that he loves doing. It makes sending him to work and welcoming him home fun. And it allows me to have an amazing amount of control over my time and schedule so I can be with my kids when they need me. And it affords us many comforts and pleasures we probably don't deserve.
-The restored gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed generations of my family, and it has blessed me and my own family immeasurably. I can't think of a better way to live and learn and become.
-Repentance. What a gift.
You have good blessings. I'm so sorry you had a mid-November low. One of the things on Paige's list that she was thankful for was "siblings that put the bling in sibling". You probably contribute the most to our "bling"-o-meter.
ReplyDelete