Eliza has a really great sense of humor. When she was little she once asked me why kids were so much funnier than adults. I think it's because she is so much funnier than I am. She thinks of the funniest things to say that always make me laugh. She makes people comfortable because she finds the humor in situations and teases in a clever, gentle way.
She is really kind to all those around her. She has made friends with all the kids her age in the ward--even the boys, who some might argue aren't really worth the time at this age. I think it is a great thing though, because she includes everyone and is a real friend to people who I think need friends. Who doesn't?
Eliza is secretly very musically talented. She doesn't want anyone to know this, but she picks up music quickly and easily after hearing it and was a precocious piano learner from a very early age. She used to compose her own music, which was fun and wonderful. And she has a beautiful touch on the keyboard.
Eliza is one of the most graceful people I know. Judges used to comment on it when she was in gymnastics, especially on the balance beam. Her dad and I love to watch her dance (which she only does for small, privileged audiences) because she moves so beautifully. I often wistfully tell her she should be a dancer because she has such a natural talent for movement.
Eliza has a great sense of style. I've heard you either have it or you don't, and Eliza does in spades. She can pull together outfits like nobody's business and just knows what looks right together and what doesn't. She also does great hair. Her friends love this and often ask for her to do their hair and makeup before special occasions.
Eliza makes things fun. It's kind of a hard talent to describe, but she is one of those people who just make whatever she is doing or anyplace she is the thing to do or the place to be. I think she inherited it from some of my favorite people--both of her grandmothers and several of her aunties come to mind.
Eliza can also do anything she decides to do. A lot of things come pretty easily to her, but even tough things she can make look easy. She has the hardest team of teachers in the eighth grade--the ones rumored to give the most homework and the trickiest tests-- and is still earning stellar grades. (She probably also doesn't want this leaked to a large audience, but it makes me really proud of her. Just don't tell her you know, okay?)
It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Wyatt's picture was awesome. He has always drawn awesome pictures. I still remember a couple from Nursery even!
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to hear you brag about Eliza and how much she has grown up. Those girls will always have a special place in my heart. One of my favorite things about Eliza is that she always was aware of the people around her and tried to include them. She was great to have in my class...always.
Loves to both of you!
Summer
"she has a beautiful touch" - Yes. I think that sums most of it up. Wonderful with people of all ages, the graceful factor and super stylish as well as cute. She really was so teeny tiny as a baby and though she hasn't grown much in girth, she has grown tremendously in stature. Holy cow I need to see your kids and you!!!
ReplyDeleteIf someone was going to describe Eliza's mom they'd use almost the very same words. "So flows the stream, so flows the river if you get my drift."
ReplyDeleteLovely, lovely girl. She's lucky you like her so much.