Best dad in the world

My mom has nominated my husband for this title for almost 10 years now--ever since she saw what Alan did during his chief resident year so he could see his daughters every day. He used to get up at 3am to prepare a lecture every morning so he could accomplish everything he needed to at work and still get home in time to help me get Mariah and Eliza to bed. In the intervening decade, I think he's only gotten better. He reads to his kids regularly, teaches them about working in the yard and taking out the garbage, attends their games and performances almost without fail, and supports our family with grace and generosity. For Father's Day I had 4 of his educational credential certificates framed, but the real achievement in my eyes is that he accomplished those things while creating great relationships with the four amazing people we produced together. He really is the best.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    What a loving blog entry. I still think Alan is terrific. Not all fathers are blessed with someone who expresses appreciation as beautifully as you do. Your Dad also appreciated your sentiments. Thanks for your grateful heart! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What a great tribute to Allan! It was so fun seeing you this summer! Happy back to school! Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment