1. I like my clothes organized by type and color and my books organized by genre, height and color (not alphebetized), but my desk is generally a disorganized pile of stuff where I lose important things.
2. I don't technically have a side of the bed. My husband and I alternate sides each night. If he isn't there I tend to favor the side closest to the bathroom, but usually I end up in the middle with arms and legs flung to all four corners.
3. I am awesome at step aerobics but I haven't done it regularly for over a year. It's a barely used and barely useful talent.
4. I started meditating to improve my focus and to get enough control over my brain to wake myself up from dreams I didn't want to have. I haven't done it regularly for over a year either.
5. I have had surgery on my body 4 times and I LOVED it each time. Besides being able to take a break from my real life and have a whole bunch of people taking care of me for a change, I got fantastic, life-altering results that dramatically improved my life (two c-sections, a vein stripping and LASIK). It's kind of like a movie that you've been told is terrible but you see it anyway and end up enjoying it so much you start recommending it to other people. Other people think you are nuts. (Of course, this doesn't count 2 oral surgeries, which are pretty much as bad as people say.)
6. Sewing makes me grumpy. That and not enough food or sleep.
7. It took me a surprisingly long time to figure out that I would spend a good portion of my adult life procuring and cooking food for other people. I don't know how I maintained that youthful naivete for so long.
Tagging: Kristine, Kendahl, Potatogirl, Ali, Britt, Ellyn, Angi. You're it. Write 7 little-known facts about yourself on your blog and then tag up to 7 people for them to do the same. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you write!
2. I don't technically have a side of the bed. My husband and I alternate sides each night. If he isn't there I tend to favor the side closest to the bathroom, but usually I end up in the middle with arms and legs flung to all four corners.
3. I am awesome at step aerobics but I haven't done it regularly for over a year. It's a barely used and barely useful talent.
4. I started meditating to improve my focus and to get enough control over my brain to wake myself up from dreams I didn't want to have. I haven't done it regularly for over a year either.
5. I have had surgery on my body 4 times and I LOVED it each time. Besides being able to take a break from my real life and have a whole bunch of people taking care of me for a change, I got fantastic, life-altering results that dramatically improved my life (two c-sections, a vein stripping and LASIK). It's kind of like a movie that you've been told is terrible but you see it anyway and end up enjoying it so much you start recommending it to other people. Other people think you are nuts. (Of course, this doesn't count 2 oral surgeries, which are pretty much as bad as people say.)
6. Sewing makes me grumpy. That and not enough food or sleep.
7. It took me a surprisingly long time to figure out that I would spend a good portion of my adult life procuring and cooking food for other people. I don't know how I maintained that youthful naivete for so long.
Tagging: Kristine, Kendahl, Potatogirl, Ali, Britt, Ellyn, Angi. You're it. Write 7 little-known facts about yourself on your blog and then tag up to 7 people for them to do the same. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you write!
Loved reading your facts. I had no idea you organized your clothes and books like that. That's one of the many things that makes you the perfect fit for Al!
ReplyDeleteI am adding the biggest DITTO to your #1 fact. I, too, organize my clothes by color and type and even go so far as to put the grays between the blacks and whites. It's the same thing with my books, especially the height problem. I have a wall of bookshelves in my basement that I have taken great care to organize by church books, fluff books, biographies, etc. Then there's my desk. It's horrible and I can't quite get it under control. After an hour of intense cleansing and organizing it is messy again within a day. P.S. The tagging lives on.
ReplyDeleteHummmm. I hadn't heard about the all terrific blessings of surgery. (You know my dread of all things medical.)
ReplyDeleteThanks for listing these little known things about you that make you so human and loveable. Hugs,
I'm sorry I didn't see this until today! I will promptly follow the rules and post on my blog. I miss you, by the way.
ReplyDelete