1. Wyatt's life was spared--again. We live near a fairly busy road that we cautiously cross on our way to and from school. Yesterday Wyatt sped ahead of me and crossed on his own. He looked both ways. Cars were coming from one direction, so he waited for them to pass and then ran across the street. Unfortunately, he forgot to look back the other direction to see the car that had come in the meantime slamming on its brakes so it didn't hit my little boy. I am SO thankful to that woman for being aware and having quick reflexes and thankful to God and angels for protecting my son again. He's not allowed to cross the street alone for another year.
2. Warmth! It doesn't really feel like winter when after snows and ice storms it all melts away. We saw the sun yesterday and unzipped our coats. It is great to feel like we are only "playing winter" so far. I'm hoping that's just how it is in Kansas and you never really have to buckle down for the grinding, persistent cold that stays so long up in the north.
3. Friends. We have been invited to lots of holiday get-togethers. After the 5th or 6th invitation I looked at Alan and said in a quiet, astonished voice, "Maybe we really DO have friends here!" Hooray! We always knew there were great people here, it is just surprising--and wonderful--to find out they really do like us and want us around as part of their lives.
2. Warmth! It doesn't really feel like winter when after snows and ice storms it all melts away. We saw the sun yesterday and unzipped our coats. It is great to feel like we are only "playing winter" so far. I'm hoping that's just how it is in Kansas and you never really have to buckle down for the grinding, persistent cold that stays so long up in the north.
3. Friends. We have been invited to lots of holiday get-togethers. After the 5th or 6th invitation I looked at Alan and said in a quiet, astonished voice, "Maybe we really DO have friends here!" Hooray! We always knew there were great people here, it is just surprising--and wonderful--to find out they really do like us and want us around as part of their lives.
That is the scariest story about Wyatt...Just stops your heart. That kids has had more close calls than anyone I know. He has a really important mission here.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Wyatt is okay!! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I'm so glad that I pray every day for the health and safety of our posterity. Did it scare Wyatt? Is he being more cautious? Oh please hug him for me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful area you have moved to. Good friends, beautiful scenery, closer to lovely home, safe family, and closer to us. It doesn't get much better than that, right?
Wow! What a scary experience with Wyatt. That gut sinking feeling with such a close call is not one I like at all! I'm call all is okay and that you're settling in with good friends. The holidays are such a great opportunity to meet new people and develop friendships. We really enjoyed spending some time with our neighbors last week and game nights with new and old friends.
ReplyDeleteHeather I am not very swift with the computer but I am trying! I just read your post about Wyatt. I lost Joey once in a Sears when he was two. It took a few minutes to find him. Very scary. (I also bought one of those wrist gadgets.) Very nice church today. I am grateful to be in YW. By the way I hear that Kyndal Moore is going to the U of U, and Kelsey Furnell to K-State. Please let me know if this got to you. By the way I read a really good book called Maise Dobbs. A very sweet and heartbreaking story about WWI. Leslie
ReplyDelete