I guess if you blog, you have to post something about Halloween, and I suppose it should be done before Thanksgiving. The kids love it, of course. We got away with only celebrating it for two days this year, which is a definite improvement. Wyatt broke with his three year Star Wars tradition and went as a Ninja. I got a really cheap costume a couple of years ago at a post-Halloween sale, and by now most of it is lost. We do have the shirt and parts of the weapons that came with it, but it was a sore disappointment that we can't find the pants after our move and I wouldn't let him cover his face for the ward party. Only one person got what Willa was. Our neighbor who is one of the few people here who really "get" Willa exclaimed, "Oh! You look like a swan!" when she opened the door on Halloween night. Willa just smiled and told her, "That's because I AM a swan." The rest of the world just thought she was pretty, which is fine too. Either way you come home with a truckload of candy, right? Mariah and Eliza are at the age they can whip up a costume from the dress up box and linen closet (a witch with pink accents and a blue-robed Asian lady) and just go out with friends trying to load up on candy. They made the mistake of dividing their limited time and efforts between 3 neighborhoods, but had a great time despite a disappointing haul.
I thought the best part of Halloween was my excellent idea for treats to give out. I found a great sale on half-size Jones Soda cans in Halloween flavors on Oct. 30 and bought 64 of them. Since I don't like carbonation I didn't have any, and we gave the last one away on Halloween night at 8:58pm. Perfect.
Willa looks like a star. She's so lovely.
ReplyDeleteI really want to be one who "gets" Willa (and Wyatt and Mariah and Eliza.) I hope I could have been a lady who could recognize a perfectly good swan when she saw one. Hugs all around.
ReplyDelete