What do you live for?

This week I told Alan that I was looking forward with hope to trading in this life where we are too tired to talk to each other at the end of the day for a new one. My good husband, who is king of bucking up and getting through stuff, told me how healthy it was to be so tired you can't remember going to sleep. It harks back to agrarian days when people worked hard on farms all day long. I know he is trying to rein in my expectations for this new job, but I keep secretly hoping some day we'll have a life that reads more like our weekends when we're not moving or vacations when we actually get to hang out together. And really, it may be my favorite part of the day, the part I live for, when I finally crash into our nice soft bed and we hold each other for a few precious seconds before we lose consciousness.

What's the best part of your day?

Comments

  1. I can't fall asleep if someone is touching me. So the best part of my day changes daily. In fact, Faith and I tell each other our bests and worsts of each day before she goes to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment