The main excuse I've had for not posting is that I'm trying to figure out how to upload video to my blog, which seems to be a multi-step process. First, I have to change the tape to a digital format (which the manual says I can do, but it hasn't worked). Then I have to upload it to my computer and then upload it to my blog, which I'm sure takes several steps for each thing. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You can see why my blogging has come to a screeching halt. (Well, that, and there's that whole getting ready to move/end of school year/watching other people's kids/husband working his tail off thing). So KJ persuaded me to just post anyway and figure out the whole video thing later. Here are some stills from what I was going to tell you about:
This is Dicken's first grade play, "The Sky is Falling Down". Willa's best friend Maddy is in the center. She was cast as the lead: Henny Penny. Willa is to the right with both arms up being Goosey Lucy. They were both adorable. It was a really fun, sweltering night.

Willa also danced in her second recital. She was in a hip hop dance with Shawna, Morgan and Whitney. They were the tiniest hip hop class in both number and in size. It was really cute. She has attitude. I kind of grin when I see little white girls from the 'hood. I also danced in Willa's recital, which was fun too. About 8 moms did a short jazz routine to "I Say a Little Prayer for You". The best part of the recital was that Karen and Natalie came too and just stayed to hang out with us for the weekend. They even went to church twice with us! (Alan gave his last talk as a high councilor in another ward. He did a great job.) We decided that we (Karen's family and our family) have the greatest appreciation for living near each other because it is such a rarity for both of our families. We have so loved being close to them. And it really feels like it's never enough when we get together.
Willa also danced in her second recital. She was in a hip hop dance with Shawna, Morgan and Whitney. They were the tiniest hip hop class in both number and in size. It was really cute. She has attitude. I kind of grin when I see little white girls from the 'hood. I also danced in Willa's recital, which was fun too. About 8 moms did a short jazz routine to "I Say a Little Prayer for You". The best part of the recital was that Karen and Natalie came too and just stayed to hang out with us for the weekend. They even went to church twice with us! (Alan gave his last talk as a high councilor in another ward. He did a great job.) We decided that we (Karen's family and our family) have the greatest appreciation for living near each other because it is such a rarity for both of our families. We have so loved being close to them. And it really feels like it's never enough when we get together.
So so cute. I wish I could have been there to see Willa's performances. I want to live close to Karen too - and she's not even my family. She's fun fun fun.
ReplyDelete