In praise of craigslist

I have sold the following things quickly and (mostly) easily on craigslist within the last 2 weeks:

our Little Tykes playset
a broken lawnmower
our garage refrigerator
Willa's bed

Mariah and Eliza have been stunned at all the cash that is uncharacteristically in my wallet now.

And I did get the microwave fixed. The part that was broken was the only thing still under warranty. The only small glitch is that the fixer place lost one of the little feet on the bottom that keeps it level. Alan keeps asking me if I'm going to call them and make them mail it to me (they are 20 miles away). I have very little confidence that they could find it in their stuffed-full-of-appliances place, and the two pennies and a dime that I have under there are working for me--especially since it isn't going to be my microwave in a couple of weeks.

Comments

Post a Comment