Today I bought a house. Even better: I still really like it. Devoid of furniture, the flaws in the paint and finishes are more apparent, but it still has a great feel.
I drove here by myself and really enjoyed the eerie mist as I left Michigan, the beautiful green hills, church in Iowa City, and the tapes I listened to. I stayed with my very kind friends, Eric and Renee, and then this morning I signed a zillion papers and legally bound myself to pay for a house in Kansas. Luckily, my husband is going to help with that.
I'm going to sleep there tonight.
I drove here by myself and really enjoyed the eerie mist as I left Michigan, the beautiful green hills, church in Iowa City, and the tapes I listened to. I stayed with my very kind friends, Eric and Renee, and then this morning I signed a zillion papers and legally bound myself to pay for a house in Kansas. Luckily, my husband is going to help with that.
I'm going to sleep there tonight.
That so great :) I miss misty Michigan.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! How was it sleeping in your empty house? Are you so so so excited? I can't wait to see your new place.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Alan is helping you pay for it too...husbands are the BEST for that sort of thing. Well, ours are anyway.