Just what is it I've been doing?

I had a serious moment of peace today, when I realized that my big decisions are pretty much made and most of my big things to do have been taken care of (aside from moving, which I don't have to really think about for a while). In that brief quiet I couldn't even remember all of what I had been doing for the last couple of weeks that had me so wound up. So here, with help from my calendar is a list:
5/5 Teach dance at stake RS conference, host Cinco de Mayo party with Alan's coworkers (both turned out great--really fun.)
5/6 Church: Eliza talk in primary, Mariah pray in primary. Dessert at Bushmans
5/7 laundry, sell playset on craigslist, Wyatt Spring Sing. (Goggles, back row)




5/8 library, house inspection, interview 2 movers, fix internet connection (squirrels finished chewing through the cable right after I posted the playset on craigslist), Alan leaves for conference in Denver, buyer picks up playset
5/9 interview mover, help in Willa's class, sewer inspection, have extra kids over after school
5/10 interview yet another mover, finalize real estate contract, pack, leave for Denver
5/11 find birthplace, Denver temple, hike in Rocky Mountains, dinner and a movie
5/12 fly home, thank Walkers for watching kids, crash.
5/13 Mother's day. APW sacrament meeting talk, HF teach RS lesson
5/14 Schedule with mover, forgotten mover comes for interview
5/15 Retract scheduling with first mover, be talked back into it by personal visit
5/16 Cancel on first mover again, schedule with last interviewed mover, have 10 kids here after school, make goose and chicken costumes for school play



5/17 Roof estimate, hair appointment, appraiser comes, 3 kids at dentist...


So it has been like that until today. And I didn't even include the regular stuff I had to keep doing like driving a lot to and from gymnastics, dance and preschool, kids' playdates, grocery shopping, laundry, exercise--all the mundane stuff that really takes up all your time if you do it properly.

Reading back over it makes me tired. I think I'll go to bed.

Comments

  1. now you have time to do yoga and chillax, you know. and then there's the satisfaction of finishing all those things :) good job on the RS lesson, by the way, i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that we don't watch your kids anymore when you go out of town. Lucky Walkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of "what have I been doing?" it's being slow to wish my friend a happy birthday, which was on my calendar, but which never elicited a good, hearty birthday wish from me. But I've been busy with a newborn. Little Charlotte Regina Lim was born in Raleigh, NC, at WakeMed hospital on April 30. We dashed up as soon as she was born, spent that week in Raleigh, and then Marce came home to the older girls and I stayed in NC for another week until the law cleared us to bring our little adopted girl home to AL. So Charlotte and I hung out in Charlotte, closer to AL by 2 1/2 hours, at least, and just bonded. I slept well, relaxed, didn't do much except eat and exercise on the hotel treadmill, and leisurely strolled around all the lovely malls. It was stressful, but good in some ways. Let's just say adoptions are wonderful but extremely stressful and expensive. It's still not over. But when it is, she'll officially be ours, and then she can be blessed and sealed to us, which we plan to do in Oakland, where we were sealed as a couple. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep up with house, three kids who are just freshly out of school and home for the summer, my mini-job, and RS calling and so on. It's crazy. Good, generally, but very full.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment