Let me count the ways

Today is Alan's birthday. I am so glad that he was born. Here are some of the things I love about him:

1-His shoulders
2-How he can smile and make me laugh
3-That he is moved by beautiful things
4-How he looks at me and loves me
5-How he plays with our kids
6-His eyes. Willa has them too.
7-His hard-core workout dude's body.
8-The peace and wellness I feel when I'm with him
9-The small space between his front teeth
10-He LOVES words and language
11-He understands situtations as they are happening
12-He served an honorable mission and loved it.
13-He does the right thing
14-His light take on the world. Life isn't grim for him.
15-He has no pretense.
16-He made me a mother!
17-He supports me in things I want to do
18-He is confident, yet unfailingly modest
19-He is amazingly strong
20-He thinks of fun things to do with his daughters
21-He encourages his son to be tough
22-He cracks me up.
23-He married me!
24-He has no guile.
25-He is a man of action.
26-When our twins were born he changed more diapers than I did.
27-He brings me cookies and chocolate.
28-He lets me choose which half I want
29-He makes up words.
30-He has well thought out opinions
31-He is great at explaining things to people
32-He listens and speaks as an equal to everyone.
33-He sometimes mops the floor.
34-He thinks I'm pretty.
35-He once wrote a sonnet for me.
36-He is really, really smart and articulate.
37-He closes the toilet lid and teaches his son to do the same.
38-We have the same taste in houses and furniture.
39-I love his touch.

Here is a link to the poem that inspired this post.

Comments

  1. What nice things to say about your husband. Dan was actually just saying yesterday what a nice guy Al is, I totally agree he is a great guy! I can't believe he changed more diapers than you!! He's a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment