Eat more, exercise less

No, wait! I got it backwards! Ah. There is the problem. I should have been doing just the opposite for the last month or so. I've been reveling too much in the wretched excess of food we Americans have available to us. I was asking KJ what her tricks were for re-teaching herself to eat less because I think she is good at it and she said she didn't have any. Huh!? She said Bill's trick is to read labels and just abstain from any food with more than 12g of sugar per serving. I was talking to friends today who suggest

-don't eat after a set time each night (7pm is usually my time)
-reward yourself with things besides food (Tally is really cute and skinny because she jogs for FUN. Go figure.)
-each plate should be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein or meat and only 1/4 carbs
-count calories--300, 400, 500 for meals, plus three 100 calorie snacks.
-drink a full glass of water before dinner
-think about each bite I'm eating. (Have I reached enough yet? Many things only require a small taste--much less than a full portion--for me to feel satisfied.)

I'm going to go with these smaller commitments until I am back on track:
-do one extra cardio session per week (or its equivalent tacked onto my other workouts)
-no desserts except on Sat and Sun
-drink water before dinner and eat smaller portions
-start cleaning the kitchen as soon as I've eaten my planned amount

I think the main problem I'm going to have is my not so secret stash of goodies I've still got left from the holidays. Pecan pie, the best baklava I've ever had, a 2 foot tall chocolate Santa that unfortunately was VERY good instead of the wax I expected it to be, all my favorite candies given to me by my children for Christmas, the last piece of Sondra's divine toffee . . . these are things I have a hard time ignoring or throwing away. I'm torn. But luckily...tomorrow is Saturday! Help!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:51 PM

    Wow. A TWO foot tall santa! Someone must really like you. I hope you're succeeding with your hope to turn the tide. Sounds like you've got plenty of good advice. JUST PLOW, babe!

    Love ya,
    Paige (still can't remember my username and password.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment