Craziness

This weekend, as I drove all by myself to Toledo to a women’s conference put on by Deseret Book, my main thought was, “AM I CRAZY?!” It felt weird that I had left my 4 fun kids and my best friend/husband that I don’t see enough to go be alone and away from them for most of the day. On the way home, I decided that I wasn’t crazy--at least not yet. It was a wonderful, refreshing and inspiring day. It was a rare chance for me to be alone and do only what I wanted. I also decided that it is good to periodically look our choices and what we are doing and ask ourselves if we are crazy or not. Have I fallen out of the habit of morning prayers? (Crazy!) Have I stopped reading our scriptures as much as Ishould? (Nuts!) Am I putting too much energy into things that don’t really matter? (Insane!) Am I listening too much to the distractions and messages of the world? Am I crazy? Or am I listening to the spirit and doing the things that will bring me and my family closer to Christ? As often is the case, the scriptures say this much better than I can:

Mosiah 4: 30

30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not awatch yourselves, and your bthoughts, and your cwords, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and dcontinue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Was this a "time out for women" one? I have heard those are wonderful, but haven't actually driven the tiny distance to USU to attend one myself yet! You're right though... a little time for yourself feels crazy at departure but feels much worth it on the trip home. You did the right thing, and I DON'T think your crazy at all - wonderful, actually!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment